At Nautilus, fitness isn’t just a job, it’s our passion. We strive to improve the health and wellbeing of everyone who works with us because we see the benefits of a happier, more productive, engaged and creative workforce. Our culture is one that promotes work life balance; offers continuing education on topics ranging from improving workplace skills to better financial security; and promotes the importance of getting involved and giving back to the community.
We're a leading marketer and developer of health and fitness products with some of the most recognized brands in the industry, including Nautilus®, Bowflex®, Octane Fitness®, Schwinn® Fitness and Universal®. We are currently recruiting for a Sr. Contact Center Operations Manager to join our Contact Center team at our headquarters in Vancouver, WA.
This position consists of directing, developing, coaching, and leading the Sales and Support Operations team. It will provide leadership and management while overseeing shared services for the sales and customer service contact centers, as well as manage various payment services for the overall business. Some of the support functions within this team include, payment services, order management, call quality, compliance, consumer relations and system documentation. The person in this role is responsible for directing the activities of all contact center operations support entities; including process documentation, call quality program, telemarketing compliance oversight. The person in this role is also responsible for managing our various payment services programs, which includes multiple finance programs. The Sr. Sales and Support Operations Manager is a role model and leader focused on exceptional customer service, creating and implementing solutions, driving efficiencies and making informed decisions in order to achieve maximum results. They should be prepared to perform the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership for the Contact Center Operations team, including articulation of strategy, setting goals/objectives, communication and creation of a positive business environment, support, motivation, and disciplinary actions as needed in accordance with company guidelines.
- Train, coach/mentor, and manage all Supervisors/Managers under his/her leadership in regard to goals and benchmark setting, employee development, communication and leadership growth.
- Manage multiple processes including: contact center & telemarketing compliance, call quality, order management, and various payment services.
- Manage various programs that are essential to the success of the Direct Channel, such as finance programs, fraud, etc.
- Research and stay abreast of the various payment service opportunities in the direct to consumer industry, and identify which ones are worth pursuing.
- Create solutions that affect the service, efficiency, and productivity within the department, focused on the principle theme of supporting our two contact centers (sales & customer service).
- Develop key process indicators and other quantifiable measurement tools to track results of your business, as well as implement processes and procedures to increase efficiencies and profitability.
- Establish process improvements through management of performance metrics.
- Establishes minimum and/or maximum objectives by setting standards for meeting internal customers’ needs.
- Ensure standards of quality are maintained; set targets for employee performance and monitor progress.
- In partnership with both Contact Center Managers, spearhead strategic contact center initiatives and lead staff in conjunction with achieving departmental and company action items and goals.
- Authorize and monitor departmental expenses (i.e. invoices, credits, etc.) as described in the corporate authorization matrix as well as budgeting and forecast analysis.
- Stay abreast of all major developments and innovation in contact center management systems, policies and procedures.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESLead a team of 13 employees, with 2 direct reports. Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance in a timely manner; rewarding and disciplining employees; approving hours worked; addressing complaints and resolving problems. QUALIFICATIONSTo execute this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform any reasonable work requested that falls within the qualification but not specifically described as determined by the VP, Customer Contact and Company Executives.
- Bachelor Degree and 4 years of supervisory/management experience
- Experience in managing programs that impact revenue, costs and complex processes
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills combined with highly developed oral and written communicational skills are essential.
- Possess strong leadership, communication (both verbal and written), and customer service skills, and exchange information with others clearly and concisely.
- Ability to motivate and inspire performance across a diverse workforce.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and meet all deadlines independently. Strong follow through on assigned tasks & the ability to direct others towards strategic goals.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (such as Excel, Access, Word, and Outlook) is required.
- Strong analytical skills, and experience in compiling, analyzing and reporting data.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment within both the department as well as cross-functional teams.
- Ability to understand complex credit services regulations and requirements, comprehend how they affect the overall business, and then recommend and drive changes throughout the Direct Channel.
- Ability to understand complex telemarketing compliance regulations, comprehend how they effect the overall business, and then recommend and drive changes throughout the contact centers, and the Marketing department.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) match, ESPP, life & accident insurance, disability insurance, paid vacation and holidays, wellness program, tuition reimbursement, product discounts and free use of our employee fitness center for yourself and spouse.
Nautilus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In demonstration of our commitment to a healthier lifestyle, we are proud to be a smoke-free campus.